Traveling with pets
Cats and dogs are able to accompany you out when you travel. Depending on the size of the animal, it may be accompanied either in the cabin or in the cargo hold of the aircraft.
In order for everything to work as smoothly as possible for you and your animal both before and during the trip, we have collected some tips and guidelines:
You book a place for your cat or dog in connection with you booking your own ticket on our website on the page extra services in the booking process or at a later time via ”[link] My bookings”. We can only bring a few animals on each flight so it is adviced to do so well in advance of your planned trip as we always confirm your booking subject to availability.
The following fees and restrictions apply when traveling with pets:
Type of Fee as well as Size and weight restrictions:
Cabin animals SEK 200 (per flight) * 8 kg, 40 x 25 x 23 cm (including the cage)
Animals in the cargo hold SEK 200 (per flight) 50 kg, 80 x 60 x 60 cm (including the cage)
* Traveling with a service animal, for example a guide dog or a service dog, is always free of charge, as the animal in question is in the flight cabin. Please inform us by calling customer service at 0520 – 82500 or sending an e-mail to email@example.com and notify us at least 48 hours before departure.
We allow 1 cage per passenger. Payment is made at the time of booking.
We offer open purchase for 24 hours from the time of booking and refund the full amount if you wish to cancel, after which the fee will not be refunded.
Pets in the cabin (PETC)
Smaller pets, such as cats or small dogs, may fly in the cabin provided that the pet is kept in a cage / bag intended for animal transport. We only accept soft transport cages / bags for cats and dogs. Pets transported in other ways will be denied boarding.
Cats and dogs should always be kept in a closed cage during the entire flight.
We have the following rules for transporting pets in a cabin:
- The weight of animals with cages / bags must not exceed 8 kg
- The outer dimensions of the cage / bag must not exceed length 40 x width 25 x height 23 cm.
- The cage / bag must be made of a well-ventilated, waterproof and bit-proof material. The cage / bag must be large enough for the animal / animals to be able to stand up, lie down and move comfortably. If these requirements are not met, the pet owner will not be allowed to bring his animal on board.
- In cases where two animals know each other well and together weigh a maximum of 8 kg, they can travel in the same cage / bag.
- The cage / bag should be placed under the seat in front of you and for safety and comfort aspects, our cabin crew usually places passengers with pets in the rear of the cabin and in a window seat.
Pets in the cargo hold (AVIH)
Larger pets that cannot handle weight and the size restrictions for pets in the cabin can travel in the aircraft’s cargo hold. The cargo hold is supplied with the same air as in the cabin itself, which means that both temperature and air pressure are the same in the cargo hold as for the passengers.
We have the following rules for transporting animals in the cargo hold:
- The weight of animals with cages / bags must not exceed 50 kg.
- The outer dimensions of the cage / bag must not exceed length 80 x width 60 x height 60cm.
- The cage / bag must be made of a robust, well-ventilated, waterproof and bit-proof material. The cage / bag must be large enough for the animal / animals to be able to stand up, lie down and move comfortably. If these requirements are not met, the pet owner will not be allowed to bring his animal on board.
- Food and water bowls must be attached to the inside of the container.
- In cases where two animals know each other well and weigh a maximum of 14 kg per individual, they can travel in the same cage / bag.