Some people need a little more assistance when traveling. If you need special assistance during your trip with us, we are here to help you make the trip as easy and comfortable as possible.
Below we have collected information for our travelers who require special assistance, if you do not find what you are looking for, please contact our customer service on 0520 – 82500 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Unaccompanied minors
- Travel with reduced mobility
- Travel with an assistant
- Travel with a battery-driven wheelchair
- Medical helping aids
- Flying while pregnant
- Passengers with special medical requirements
We offer a special service with assistance for unaccompanied minors between 5 and 11 years. The service is mandatory and must be booked through customer service via email email@example.com or by phone 0520 – 82500. Before you contact us to book a ticket, please fill in the form listed below with information about the child, who leaves and retrieves the child and other information we need. The form can also be picked up at the airport. The number of seats for unaccompanied children is limited and if the service is not booked by us in advance, the child cannot travel.
Price: SEK 695 per single trip
Form ”Unaccompanied minor”
How it works
- The child must be dropped off in person by relatives (same persons as indicated at the time of booking) no later than 1 hour before departure.
- Unaccompanied children must have a UM bag (provided by us) that contains information about the child, the booking and who will pick up the child.
- Relatives dropping off the child at the departure airport must always stay until the plane takes off
- The ticket includes 1 checked baggage of max 20 kg and carry-on baggage max 8 kg, max dimensions 40 x 35 x 20 cm
- Our representative follows the child from the gate where you leave the child, on board the plane and helps the child with luggage and find their seat. The cabin crew supervises the child throughout the flight and upon arrival, our representative accompanies the child to the airport meeting place for unaccompanied minors for hand over to their relatives. Please note that we only hand over the child to the person specified in the booking and the person who picks up the child must be able to identify themselves.
Travel with reduced mobility
If you cannot move to an emergency exit during a possible evacuation, you will be considered mobility impaired. It is possible to book your trip on our website, but then you must contact our customer service afterwards to book the right assistance based on your needs on 0520 – 82500 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Booking of assistance must be made at least 72 hours before departure. Booking later than 72 hours before departure is treated as an unannounced assistance. You are still entitled to assistance, but waiting time can occur when pre-registration is prioritized first.
If you have booked assistance, you can bring two movement aids in addition to your luggage free of charge. If you travel with your own wheelchair, you can either check it in and borrow a wheelchair at the airport or use your own wheelchair through the airport.
When you have booked assistance, you must notify your arrival at the departure airport’s specially marked meeting place for assistance no later than 60 minutes before departure time.
Type of assistance:
WCHR Wheelchair on ramp
I need a wheelchair to / from the aircraft but can walk up and down stairs myself and take me to the aircraft seat myself.
WCHS Wheelchair up/down stairs
I need a wheelchair to / from the plane, lift up and down stairs, but I can go to the plane seat myself
WCHC Wheelchair to cabin seat
I need a wheelchair to / from the aircraft, lift up and down stairs and I have to be carried to the aircraft seat
Travel with an assistant
In some cases, an assistant may be needed when you fly with us to follow the safety regulations on board and also ensure that you feel good during the flight and have a comfortable journey with us.
We ask you to travel with an assistant in the following cases:
- You have a mental or physical disability that requires assistance during the flight
- You may not understand and / or respond to safety instructions from cabin crew
- You need medical assistance on board
Your accompanying assistant must be at least 18 years old and understand both Swedish and English. The ticket is booked as a regular adult ticket.
Travel with a battery-driven wheelchair
We offer our travelers to bring a battery-driven wheelchair. Please note that only certain types of battery-driven wheelchairs are allowed to be transported on board our aircraft.
- Battery-driven wheelchairs must not weigh more than 32 kg
- Maximum dimensions are 60 cm (height) x 120 (width) x 120 cm (depth)
- Only certain types of batteries are approved for air transport
To ensure that our safety regulations are complied with and to facilitate the transport of your wheelchair, it is of the utmost importance that you contact customer service at 0520 – 82500 at least 3 days before departure to make sure that your battery-driven wheelchair is eligable for travel.
Medical helping aids
We offer travelers the opportunity to bring medical oxygen and other portable, electronic medical aids, read more on our page about special luggage. Transportation of all medical equipment is free of charge.
Flying while pregnant
Air travel is safe and generally hassle-free for pregnant women provided the pregnancy is without complications.
Week 0-33 We allow pregnant women to fly until week 33.
Week 34-36 We need a certificate from your doctor that the pregnancy is progressing normally and that you are in good condition to fly.
Week 37-40 From week 37 we do not allow pregnant women to fly with us.
If there are any complications with the pregnancy, you may still be allowed to fly with your doctor’s approval. In such cases, please send us the completed [link] form for special assistance (both parts) at least 48 hours before your intended departure time.
Passengers with special medical requirements
If you plan to fly with any of the medical conditions we list below, you will need to complete the form [link] for medical information (MEDIF) at least 48 hours before departure.
- Passengers suffering from an illness believed to be contagious;
- Passengers who exhibit unusual behavior due to an inherent illness or mental / physical condition, and passengers who may have a negative effect on the safety, welfare and comfort of the passenger, the other passengers or the crew;
- Passengers who need special care or equipment to maintain their health during the flight.
The form consists of two parts, where the first part is filled in by the passenger or his representative and the second part is filled in by the treating doctor.
If you are unsure whether a doctor’s permit is required for you or not, please contact our customer service at least 72 hours before your intended departure time and submit the first part of the MEDIF form.